Friday, March 2, 2007

Bump in the Five-Mile Road

I tweaked my ankle last night while applying the silent treatment to someone who had unquit smoking. It's not a long story, but a silly story that isn't worth telling, but I felt something pull in all the wrong ways. And when I went running today, it hurt in all the wrong ways too.

I had made it a good 1.5 miles before my ankle started hurting a little. Then there was that magical step that made my ankle feel like it had torn, which made me twist my knees. One tragedy after another, I spent most of my lunch hour doing core training and walking laps. I'm taking the evening off my ankle, aside from some weight training, with the hope that I will be able to run on Saturday.

I would like to finally get a weekend swimming day on Sunday (seriously this time!) and then start a healthy balance of workouts throughout the upcoming week in preparation for the big race on March 10. Right around Tuesday or Wednesday, I should begin doubting my ability to run five miles in a race. But hopefully by late Saturday I will have gotten over that fear.

1 comments:

TRI Vortex said...

Take care of those joints. I overworked by ankle on a long bike and with the stretching, it took a week and a half to get to where I would trust running on it. Good swim time through. Hey, you gotta look at the silver...